I am really looking forward to welcoming back everyone to class. It has been such a long time. I know all the teachers cannot wait to get going!
Firstly, a big thank you to everyone for supporting the school over this time of uncertainty. I know zoom had its ups and downs, but it was a positive experience for us all and one we are incredibly grateful to have.
We start the summer term with lots to look forward to. We have exam sessions booked throughout the term to catch up on missed sessions and we are finalising plans for our next school show. The competition team will be training in preparation for the Dance world cup which is to be held in England this summer and we will be finalising plans for our summer intensives open to all ages from 5 upwards.
Despite spending 9 months on zoom last year our exam results were outstanding across the board with more students than ever achieving distinction and over half of those were 90 and above. It really is a testament to how hard everyone worked. We managed to hold four sessions in total which is a huge achievement.
As we return to the studio there are a few changes as before. Guidance is continually updating, and new rules are introduced, we need to ensure we are fully complying and implementing this. We do need all the parents and student’s help to ensure that this happens.
As it has been quite a few months please can we remind you of the following:
- Please can you ensure all children age 11 years and over and all Adults wear a mask whilst arriving and leaving dancing.
- Please only arrive 5 minutes before your class is due to start. We must ensure the previous class has vacated the building to avoid cross overs where possible.
- If possible, please try and drop and go rather than wait for your child.
- Please do not congregate in the corridor as this affects the rule of six.
- Please only bring what you need for class in either a small draw string bag or a basket. This way the children can place down easily to sanitise their hands. We cannot allow large bags into class. It is a hazard leaving them outside in the corridor as it is a fire exit route.
- Please arrive dressed for class. There are no changing facilities available. No changing in the corridor. Slip on shoes and onesies are ideal.
- For the younger classes please ensure they have elastic in their tap shoes rather than laces to ensure minimum contact with staff.
- Stretch classes need to provide their own equipment. They need a Mat, Stretch band and two yoga blocks.
- When collecting your child please ensure you wait on an allocated spot. We will call their names out and send them to you.
- Once the class has finished please exit the building swiftly to avoid cross over
- No parents in the building at any time unless they are a parent helper.
- If your child is showing any of the covid symptoms, (High temperature, Continuous cough, loss of taste/sense of smell, sickness and diarrhoea, runny nose, shortness of breath, sore throat) please do not bring them to class.
- If your child has had a positive test or is isolating, they will not be able to attend classes at the studio. Please inform us as soon as possible via email.
The guidance is there to ensure we keep our children and staff as safe as possible and minimise the spread of infection whilst at the studio. We really appreciate your cooperation in helping us to achieve this. As previously students will be socially distancing in class in allocated boxes, hand sanitiser will be used before they touch equipment, the windows will be kept open to ensure good ventilation throughout.
To assist in keeping our students and staff safe will be introducing lateral flow testing for all our staff and temperature checks for students.